Now the WC reports (sourcing an unnamed HP employee) that pre-orders for the handset should start in around a month, in early September, though when the actual units will ship is still not clear.
The Elite x3 is expected to cost $699 or $799 with the desktop dock with the device featuring a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, a 5.96-inch WQHD AMOLED display, 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage, a 16MP rear camera, and a 4150mAh battery. The device also packs an 8MP front-facing camera, a fingerprint scanner, and an Iris scanner.
Here’s the full spec sheet:
- 5.96-inch AMOLED with Quad HD (2560x1440px) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, and anti-reflective coating
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB onboard storage (microSD card support)
- 16MP rear camera, 8MP front-facing camera
- NFC support
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Optional dual-SIM support
- USB 3.0 port with Type-C connector
- Iris scanner and Fingerprint scanner
- IP67 rating for dust- and water-resistance
- MIL-STD-810G rating, assuring device protection for drops from up to 1 meter
- Qi wireless charging, 4150mAh battery
- 161.8 x 83.5 x 7.8mm; 194g
Will our readers be saving their cents? Let us know below.