Psyonix, the developers behind Rocket League, today announced the Autumn Update launching on September 28. The Autumn Update is absolutely amazing and features a ton of new content including:
• Farmstead: A new Seasonal Arena available in Competitive, Casual, and Private matches for a limited time this fall.
• More than 90 free new Customization Items available as Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare drops after online matches.
• The introduction of Player Banners, a new player customization feature.
• The End of Competitive Season 5 and the start of Competitive Season 6.
• Standardization of Arenas for Competitive and Casual Online play.
• Transparent Goalposts.
This update will also debut a new Events system, which introduces limited-time events that provide players with the opportunity to earn additional Battle-Car customizations. Using a new item called the Decryptor, players will be able to unlock any unopened crate in their inventory without having to purchase a Key. Additional information will be provided closer to the launch of the events themselves later this year.
Following the Autumn Update, players will also have the opportunity to help test some major upcoming features. First, is a brand new Party System that PC players can help test during beta periods after the update goes live. Second, is a new Tournaments system that allows players to create and compete in their own tournaments inside the game client. The Party system will launch shortly after the Autumn update goes live, while the Tournaments Beta will follow it later this fall.