We have already seen reports that Microsoft is going to have a press event in January to reveal Windows 10 consumer features to the general public. Yesterday, Mary Jo Foley from ZDNet revealed some more information regarding this event and what to expect from Microsoft in the coming months. Here is the summary of the information she posted on ZDNet,
- The upcoming Windows Technical Preview will be known as the January Technical Preview (JTP), rather than the consumer preview.
- February Tech Preview, a March Tech Preview, etc, will follow in the coming months.
- January Technical Preview (JTP) will include Continuum features which adapts Windows user experience depending upon the hardware mode in 2-in-1 devices.
- Cortana will be included in JTP.
- Press and analysts meeting will be held in Redmond around January 20 to 21 to demo Windows 10 features.
- Windows 10 mobile SKU is still being tested internally.
- Windows 10 mobile SKU will work not just on ARM-based phones and tablets, but also on smaller and less powerful Intel-based ones, too.
Read more about it from ZDNet below.