We all know that Microsoft is planning for a major Windows update in 2015 codenamed ‘Threshold’. Before Windows Threshold update, Microsoft has planned a minor update for Windows 8.1 called Windows 8.1 update 1. Some screenshots of the build got leaked recently, you can take a loot at them here. Today, Winsupersite reported few more new information regarding Windows ‘Threshold’.
Read the summary below.
- Windows ‘Threshold’ might be called Windows 9 when it gets released. Microsoft thinks moving away from Windows 8 brand might help them market it better.
- Windows 9 will include some major fixes to the Metro design language.
- Windows 9 is expected to release in April 2015.
- Windows 9 will have three other milestone releases like beta, RC before hitting RTM.
- Microsoft is planning to provide some sort of vision statement regarding the future of Windows and may provide a glimpse of Windows Threshold at BUILD conference in April
- Microsoft is not releasing any Windows 9 builds at BUILD conference in April.
I’m also eager to hear about how Microsoft is merging Windows Phone and Windows in Windows 9. Will it there be two different versions or a single Windows scaling across the screens?
Read more from the link below.