ReddX is the first app built for reddit for consoles, and it’s exclusively available on Xbox One. Since ReddX is designed for the big screen on Xbox One, it can be Snapped to the side of your TV while you’re gaming or using another app to help you monitor and join in threads on the site while you’re doing anything else. Also you can interact with each other in similar ways to the reddit.com experience, and in addition unlock unique media achievements named after some of the Internet’s favorite memes. It also allows you to upvote or downvote a thread with just the touch of a button, as well as easily add your comments using your Xbox One controller, media remote or Xbox SmartGlass on your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Today, ReddX team updated the app to v1.1 which includes changes related to tons of feedback and many new features. Find the new features below.
- First off, you can now select links inside of comments and bring up the content inside of the app the same way posts are viewed. Speaking of comments, you can now expand and collapse comment threads with ease.
- Want to see some different subreddits? No problem! Now you can subscribe, unsubscribe, browse popular subreddits, and even search for the subreddit of your choice.
- Tired of looking at /r/videos on only 2/3s of the screen? Now you can view videos, and in fact, ANY content full screen! We also addressed some various bug fixes and instabilities, and worked on making the app run smoother and faster.
- Now, the biggest complaint we had was the ads. Get rid of them! Now you can purchase “ReddX Plus” for only $2.99USD (or adjusted for your local currency) and you’ll never see another ad again. EVER!
- Most importantly, we would also like to give a warm welcome to the redditors from the UK, Ireland, Czech Republic, Isreal, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, Slovakia, Greece, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, and India!
There is also a free trial, completely ad-free for one week to try out ReddX. Download it from Xbox Store.