After Red Dead Redemption 2’s launch on PC was fraught with technical issues, Rockstar issued an apology and said it was working on a fix. Rockstar now says those issues are mostly fixed and Red Dead Online PC players can now pick up a free care package as part of Rockstar’s apology.
The care package consists of the finely detailed Prieto Poncho, which can be found in the Camp Wardrobe or at any clothing store, along with a specially curated set of items to help players survive out there.
The items are supplied by Wheeler, Rawson & Co. and consist of the following:
- 100x Revolver Express Ammo
- 100x Pistol Express Ammo
- 100x Repeater Express Ammo
- 100x Rifle Express Ammo
- 100x Shotgun Slugs
- 20x Shotgun Incendiary Buckshot Slugs
- 20x Fire Arrows
- 20x Poison Throwing Knives
- 20x Volatile Fire Bottles
- 10x Potent Miracle Tonic – fully restores Health, Stamina and Dead Eye and Fortifies moderately
- 3x Horse Reviver – revives Horse from severe injury and moderately restores its Health
- 10x Minty Big Game – fully restores all Cores and yields a Gold Health Core
- 20x Baked Beans – moderately restores Health Core and Stamina Core
In order to be eligible to claim the care package, all you have to do is play Red Dead Online on PC between now and “through to the holiday season.” Rockstar hasn’t quite specified which holiday season, so we recommend just hopping on your horse as soon as you can.
If you’ve already played Red Dead Online and created your character, you can pick up your care package at your Camp Lock Box or at any Post Office.
If you have yet to play the game’s online mode, the package will be available for you at the specified locations within 24 hours of creating your character.
Rockstar says that it believes that “the vast majority of performance issues” for Red Dead Redemption 2 have now been resolved. If you experience any issues going forward, pop over to Rockstar Support for advice and assistance.