Update: The game is also available on Xbox Game Pass for subscribers.
ReCore: Definitive Edition is now available on Xbox One and Windows 10. The game is still 7.6 GB on Xbox One so those who were saying that the update was somehow 16 GB like the Windows 10 version were wrong. The visuals looks the same but the performance has been drastically improved. The upgrade is free for existing owners so don’t panic. We aren’t noticing some of the same issues that plagued the title at launch. The changes to ReCore: Definitive Edition are as follows:
• Eye of Obsidian is a brand new chapter in the ReCore story. Join the plucky Corebot, Violet, and journey into the permanent midnight of the Starving Sea, a previously unexplored region of Far Eden where ancient enemies plot their revenge on the last remnants of humankind.
• T8-NK Corebot
• 2 New Overworlds
• 10 New Dungeons
• Dynamic sandstorms in Far Eden’s Shifting Sands regions. Brave the storms to defeat more dangerous enemies and earn more valuable loot.
New Weapon Modes
• 3 new weapon modes for Joule’s Energy Rifle
• When dying, reload times for combat encounters went from 60 seconds to less than 5 seconds.
• Restarting traversals and arenas are now instantaneous.
• General optimization for load times
• Added P-Cores for additional gameplay rewards and made them show up on the map from greater distances.
• P-Core requirements fixed to a single value for the entire E-Tower.
• Map displays everything that needs to be collected.
• Map shows all visual parts of dungeon maps.
• Objective Markers improved
• Map improvements include greater visual detail, better iconography, improved zoom functionality, more game elements show up like power cells and audio logs.
• Fast Travel points now allow the player to complete Stash Transfers, Swap Cores and set their Companion Party Configuration without having to go back to the Sandcrawler.
• The player can now warp anywhere there is a Fast Travel node through the Map.
• Intra-Level fast travel warping is now instantaneous.
• Added a few new Fast Travel nodes to make traversal easier.
• New gear for all Corebots
• Armor now make each Set vastly different from one another and the Perks have been refined and polished.
• Blueprint Inventory now sorts by type of armor or level required
• Improved the Combo Meter to encourage much higher combo amounts, with the ability to chain combos for a longer period of time.
• At high combos, the player now keeps some of the combo meter after using an extract.
• Global weapon tuning, enemy health and damage balancing, and late game encounter improvements have taken place with ReCore: Definitive Edition.
• Enhanced visuals
• 20 new Achievements and 500 Gamerscore
• Increased level cap from 30 to 40
• 4 new bosses and Tank challenges
• Various UI and feedback fixes
• Audio for pickups, combat feedback, rewards improved
• Dialogue from Corebots and Violet is no longer in the Corebot language and is now readable.
ReCore: Definitive Edition might just be what many of you were waiting for to jump back into the game. It brings a lot of changes so be sure to check them out. Luckily the file size is small so if you deleted ReCore all those months ago, now’s the time to redownload it and enjoy the upgraded experience. This is definitely a recommend game now in our book.