Popular Universal Reddit reader Readit has had a small update to version 220.127.116.11.
The update brings some usability improvements, in particular less accidental swiping when viewing images, which can of course be very annoying.
The update also beings a number of other improvements, including to modmail and better support for i.reddituploads.com and of course a number of fixes.
The full changelog reads:
- Swiping on the last/first album image will no longer cause the swipe view to engage
- When zoomed in on an image in a post or in the album viewer, panning the image will no longer cause swipe view or the album’s swipe view to engage
- Moderator mail has been added to the hamburger menu and to the inbox dropdown. Only visible/available to mods of reddit obviously.
- Supports toasts (you will not get duplicates)
- If you have both new notifications and mod mail, you will receive a toast that says you have “new notifications and moderator mail”
- If a single mod mail message is received, the username in the title of the toast notification will have [mod] in front of it
- i.reddituploads.com will now display natively as an image instead of in a browser
- Clicking the share button from comments view will now share the permalink to the comments instead of the post content url
- App slowdowns should be actually fixed this time. Unfortunately there is still a deadlock crash but rarely occurs and I can’t catch it when the app is in debug mode. Only occurs when running a “release” build. This actually may be an OS bug as the entire phone will probably restart and crash.
- Overall performance should be better in this build
- Fixed some markdown link bugs where text would cutoff
- Fixed shortlinks not navigating properly for subreddits/users
- Fixed a bug with certain imgur links where they would not display in the post viewer
- Fixed back buttons returns to post content setting causing a black screen when using the back button in the comments section
The app features:
- Gold Feature Support
- Secondary Tiles
- Toast Notifications
- Detailed for specific users/messages/comment replies
- Pinning Subreddits to your start screen for easy access
- Complete Imgur integration with native Album browsing •
- Gilded comments indicator
- Complete Reddit markdown support
- Very high performance
- Customizable Theme
- A stunning and beautiful interface
- Much more…
The latest update for Readit is version 18.104.22.168 and you can grab it from here: