Reading can be tiring at times, especially when reading long texts or when we are too tired to read. At such times we wish someone could read it for us. Thankfully now we have an app for Windows Phone which does the same and even more.
We have very few text-to-speech apps for Windows Phone, and all of them are very basic in terms of their functionality, UI and the customization they offer. But Read Aloud stands very tall among these. It is a feature packed text-to-speech tool which is very easy and intuitive to use.
Here’s what you get with the current release of Read Aloud for Windows Phone:
- Control the rate and pitch of the speech.
- Pause / resume the speech as needed.
- The sentence being currently being read is highlighted.
- Next / previous buttons to jump by sentence.
- Start reading from anywhere in the text.
- Progress bar to monitor the progress of the speech.
- Auto – Scrolling while reading, so that sentence being read always remains visible.
- Save your articles to listen later.
- Auto – Save feature, so that you never lose any articles.
This app enjoys great support from its developers, it has already got 2 updates in a week. According to developers many more features are coming to Read Aloud.
You can download Read Aloud for FREE from the Windows Phone Store. This is an ad-supported version, but an ad-free version is coming very soon.