Microsoft recently released the October Update for Power BI Desktop with the much awaited Bookmarking feature. Bookmarking allows users to save interesting states as part of their report. Users can use bookmarks to pick up where they left off in their analysis, for organizing presentations of their report, and more. This update also comes with some visual improvements and a big update to quick measures feature.
Find the full list of new features coming in this update below.
- Bookmarking (preview)
- Selection pane and visual display controls
- Bookmark links for shapes and images (preview)
- Scatter & bubble markers
- Increase the number of data points shown in scatter charts
- Quick measures for SSAS live connections
- Sales from new customers quick measure
- Cell-level formatting for multidimensional AS models
- Vertica connector (beta)
- SAP BW connector: support for additional member properties
- Power BI Desktop in the Windows Store
- Improved access to help content
Read about these features in detail here. Microsoft has now released Power BI Desktop app in Windows Store. Enterprise organizations can push the latest version of Power BI Desktop through the Windows Store so that their users can enjoy the latest features. Learn more about it here.