Microsoft is adding no.of new features in the June update of Power BI Desktop. It includes preview of new mapping control, Searchable slicers, Azure Enterprise Connector and more. Microsoft also mentioned in their blog that in the upcoming releases they will be looking to make a big improvement of their analytics abilities, including forecasting, reference lines, and grouping, as well as keep adding features to visuals.
Find the full list of new features below.
- New visual: Shape Map (preview)
- Searchable slicers
- Configurable line chart labels
- New sign-in entry points
- Row Level Security
- New Connector: Azure Enterprise
- Enhanced SAP BW and HANA connectors:
- Allow multi-select of values for Variables/Parameters
- Support for Hierarchies in SAP BW.
- Enhanced OData connector – imports Open Type columns
- Enhanced Access DB connector – Button to “Select Related Tables” in the Navigator dialog
- Templates: Option to Load or Edit
- Query Parameter Enhancements:
- Option to always allow Parameter specification
- Create a new parameter directly in context
- Option to generate Step Names in English
- Descriptions for Query Steps
- New Data Transformations:
- Extract Week Day and Month Name from a DateTime column
- Merging Dates and Times into a DateTime column
- Extract Time.Start/End of Hour/Minute/Second