Plex has just received an update in the Windows store for Windows devices, bringing it up to version 220.127.116.11 on Windows (phone) 8.1 and 10. This new update is mostly a bug fixing update with the exclusion of one bullet point on the new list. Plex will now be adding “anonymous application metrics” (read telemetry) to figure out what to focus on for future improvements. For those who are privacy hungry and exposure shy, it is easy to opt out of this from the settings menu.
Here’s the full changelog below:
- NEW – Introduce anonymous application metrics to help drive future improvements (if you don’t want to participate, you can disable it in the app preferences – Advanced section)
- (Windows Phone only) Improve app startup performance
- (Windows Phone, UI fix) This takes care of clipped text on activation dialog when in landscape mode
- (Video/both platforms) Optimize video seek thumbnail loading for smoothness
- Fixed a number of user-reported crashes