Plex media streaming app has just received an updated in Windows Phone Store with lots of fixes and one important change.
Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can enjoy it on any device. With Plex, you can easily stream your videos, music, photos and home movies to your Windows device from your home computers running Plex Media Server (available for free).
Amongst other changes, the app will now automatically upload your camera roll to the Plex servers when in WIFI range and charging. Other changes in 126.96.36.199 include:
- Camera Upload (PlexPass required)
- Updated HLS stack
- Separate Status page from Settings page
- Prettier About pivot
- Sync transfers of files larger than 2GB
- A number of Sync user interface issues
- Resuming HLS transcodes
- Use current screen scaling when using transcoded images
- Refresh main page when idle for a while
- A number of user-submitted crashes
Like many of the recent additions to the app, it requires one to hold a Plex Pass, which is a paid subscription to the service. Unfortunately the Plex app still does not support Google’s Chrome Cast on Windows Phone.
Find it in the Windows Phone store here.