The Windows Phone 7.5 / Mango version of the image effects app Picture Lab is now available in the Marketplace.
The free v3 update brings Mango optimizations including Fast App Switching. The app also takes advatage of live tiles, allowing users rapidly take pictures and apply filters to them.
Pictures Lab runs on all device types out and uses some new sensors and capabilities to enhance the experience on the 2nd generation of Windows Phone devices. For the new generation of devices with gyroscopes, Picture Lab now offers a steady detection mode. If the device supports Focus-at-Point, such as some first generation Windows Phone devices like the Samsung’s, a face detection can be used to focus on a face.
The full list of features include:
- 29 advanced effects: Ten different vintage and hipster-like effects, Tilt Shift (miniature faking), HDR, Lomo, Soften, Auto Adjust, Sharpen, Comic, Bulge, B & W, Sepia, Manual, Edge Detection, Night Vision, Rainbow, Mirror, X-Ray, Heat Image, Negative and Bitmap.
- Editable effect parameters with ready-to-use default values.
- 11 high quality borders.
- Share on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
- The WP 7.5 Mango version has a built-in take photo functionality with face detection auto focus, steady mode, rule of thirds grid. The steady mode requires a device with a gyroscope. The face focus is enabled if the device supports focus at point.
- Crop, rotate and flip.
- Multi-touch manipulation for Tilt Shift and other effects where multi-touch is meaningful.
- The app can save edited pictures with advanced effects applied in full resolution even on a device with 256 MB RAM. Thus making it also possible to print the image or use it as desktop wallpaper.
- Full Pictures Hub Extras integration.
- The trial version includes the complete functionality and all the effects, only the save functionality is disabled.
- Support for landscape and portrait orientation.
- Effect list with dynamic previews and caching of the larger previews.
- Flicking through the effects on the main page.
- Setting for the maximum output size, JPEG quality and many more.
- State preservation when the app is deactivated (tombstoning).
- Localization for English and German.