The Phonos 3rd party Sonos controller has been upgraded to Mango, and now no longer needs an intermediate server running on your network.
The app allows one to easily control the Sonos multi-room music system throughout your home using just your phone and features:
- Choose music from your collection (by Artist, Album, Playlist, Track etc.)
- Choose music from Pandora, Internet Radio, Line In, Music Shares, Sonos Playlists etc.
- See album artwork
- Control Volume/Mute
- Select Zones
- Control Shuffle & Repeat modes
- Add and Remove tracks from the queue
- Share your currently playing track info on Facebook and Twitter
- Add a link in a email to view track on Amazon, or find the track in the Zune Marketplace.
The app is a pricy $9.99 but does have a free trial and can be found in Marketplace here.