Pharos has now officially announced the AWS supporting Pharos Traveler 137. The WVGA device is the only one that can be used on both US 3G GSM networks, and at present the only Windows Mobile Professional 3G device on T-Mobile US.
The Traveler 137 is a GPS Smartphone with 3.5â€ flush touch-screen WVGA display.The smartphone features the very latest 3.5G communications capability based on a tri-band UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA and a quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE cellular modems.It offers industry-leading 7.2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload speeds enabling fast Web browsing, email and other Internet services. There are two on-board cameras, a 3.1 MP digital camera for recording pictures and video, and a 0.3 MP camera for video conferencing.The unit comes with Pharosâ€™ proprietary Smart Navigator software and server-based travel information and navigation service.Additionally, the device is pre-loaded with Microsoft Live Search, providing free information about traffic, gas prices, movie times and weather.The device gives up to 4 hours of talk time and 200 hours of standby.
- Qualcomm MSM7201A 65nm 528MHz Processor
- 3.5â€ WVGA 480 x 800, 65K color TFT LCD with touch panel
- Unlocked 3.5G smartphone for use on any GSM network
- Tri-band AWS 1700/1900/2100 MHz, UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA: 384K/7.2M/2M bits per sec
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM
- 3.1MP camera for picture or video; 0.3MP front camera for video conference
- Free real-time traffic, gas price, movie and weather information
- Talk time: up to 4 hours; 200 hours of standby
The device is retailing for $599 without contract, but will apparently be available for free on a two year T-Mobile contract.
Read more at Pharos here.