Parallels Desktop is the No. 1-selling software for running Windows applications on a Mac. Parallels yesterday launched Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac which includes up-to 25 percent performance improvements.
Parallels Desktop 12 also adds the ability to purchase Windows 10 and simply install it via the Parallels Desktop Wizard, and a Scheduled Windows Maintenance option so Windows Updates and maintenance can take place overnight or at times when it is not disruptive to a user’s workflow. Parallels also worked with Blizzard Entertainment and optimized Parallels Desktop 12 to support Overwatch. Another important feature in this release is the support for Windows 10 Xbox app, enabling users to stream and play Xbox games on their Mac devices.
Key Features for Windows users:
- Support for Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch PC game.
- Support for Windows 10 Xbox app, for streaming and playing all Xbox games on a Mac
- Schedule Windows updates for an appropriate time at night to avoid time-consuming disruptions during your day.
- Store Microsoft Edge™ and Internet Explorer® passwords in Mac Keychain®.
- Assign special behaviors to Windows apps, such as Always Open Full Screen or Always Hide Other Apps, so they play even better on your Mac.
- Open documents from SharePoint® and Office 365® in Microsoft Office for Windows desktop applications directly from your favorite Mac browser.
- Keep Windows ready in the background, instead of suspending the VM, to instantly open Windows applications and documents.
- Outlook® for Windows now features your recently accessed documents, both Mac and Windows, so they are conveniently available to select when you add attachments to your emails.
Visit this page for more details.