Panasonic today announced its updated TOUGHBOOK 31 rugged laptop computer targeting users in challenging and extreme environments. This update TOUGHBOOK 31 now comes with improved performance, better battery life, advanced LTE option and more. Read about the full list of improvements below.
- Upgraded processing system: Intel Core i5-7300U vPro improves processing performance by 19 percent and graphic performance by 42 percent. Also available is an i7 CPU.
- Enhanced memory module: Faster DDR4 memory module boosts system’s memory. 16GB of RAM will be a standard feature with 32GB optional.
- Advanced connectivity: To provide flexibility for those in manufacturing, EM7455 LTE-Advanced is available to offer unparalleled LTE speeds, bandwidth and network performance. Also available is a dedicated GPS modem.
- Longer battery life: For customers who often find themselves away from power sources for extended periods of time, a second battery offers the ability to swap batteries to achieve unlimited battery life and enhanced safety on the job – an imperative for the federal government sector.
- Additional improvements: Updated Wi-Fi chip, and more standard features like a 256GB SSD.
- Integrated options: Configurable features can be designed for mobile professionals based on industry application such as an insertable smartcard.
“Today’s announcement reflects the evolution of the best-selling TOUGHBOOK 31. The newly enhanced device is addressing the ever-changing needs of mobile workers in demanding industries, including utilities, public sector and federal government professionals,” said Brian Rowley, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America. “In industries where failure is not an option, the TOUGHBOOK 31’s improved features and faster processing power will provide customers with the competitive edge they need to keep working, no matter the challenges.”
This updated TOUGHBOOK will be available this December from authorized Panasonic resellers for $3699.