OnePlus is one of the few Android smartphone manufacturers who roll-out updates on a timely basis. The company recently started rolling out the Android 10 update to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro users, but as the company described, it had to pause the roll-out due to certain bugs.
The company has since then been working on solutions to those issues and finally, the company has resolved them, as a result of which it has resumed the Android 10 roll-out. OxygenOS 10.0.1 update is now being rolled out to OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro users. In this update, OnePlus has addressed all the bugs that were reported after the roll-out of the Android 10-based OxygeOS 10.0.
Aside from bug fixes and performance improvements, the update brings features such as Fullscreen gesture, better gaming experience with Game Space, and many more. You can see the official changelog below.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
- Improved photo quality
Note, OnePlus is rolling out the update in a phased manner, meaning that not everyone will get it today. The company said that it “will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs.” Another important point to note here is that the roll-out of this update is not based on regions, so the use of VPN as a means to download the update won’t work.