OnePlus is setting itself up as one of the smartphone OEMs to look out for. Now, the firm is promising extended support for its smartphones, offering OxygenOS 10 and Android 10 to smartphones from the two-year-old OnePlus 5 onwards. The announcement was made at the launch of the OnePlus 7T Pro in London. Now, while we’ll have to wait for it to deliver before we award full marks, there’s something to be said for extended support.
Typically, you’d have to buy an iPhone, a Pixel or cross your fingers and get a Samsung flagship. With OnePlus hopping on the three major updates bandwagon, there’s now more choice in the market.
Here’s what’s new in Oxygen OS 10:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favourite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)