The official Daily Mail app reently added support for Windows 10 desktop, and now the company has gone a step further and enabled Continuum for phones support, meaning when Windows 10 Mobile users with Continuum capable phones connect their phones to a big screen they are able to enjoy the full desktop lay-out and features. The update also adds improved customizability and better Read Later support.
The app features:
- Over 15 Channels of must-read articles and photos – that’s over 800+ original stories every day!
- Offline Mode: Pre-load stories & galleries to access when you’re offline or without reception – great for commutes!
- Select a Location: Choose from US, UK or Rest of World to ensure you get the news most relevant to you.
- Express Yourself: Post your Comments on articles or Rate other user’s comments that you like or dislike.
- Custom Settings: Select when data and images sync based on your preferred connection (Wi-Fi or 3G).
- Choose which Channels you want to sync and when.
- Read Later: Save Articles for reading later – always available copy no matter where you are!
The update adds:
- Provide additional single channel layout for Windows Desktop and Tablet.
- Use Single channel layout for devices smaller than 11 inches
- Provide settings option to enable / disable Multi channel layout
- Support Windows 10 Mobile Continuum and show non mobile views
- Update Read Later content based on any articles marked for deletion on server
You can download the app here.