A few weeks ago we posted that Microsoft will be boosting their brand in UK by sponsoring the Lions rugby tour to Hong Kong and Australia.
We are now seeing the first fruits of that sponsorship, with the British and Irish Rugby Union releasing an official Lions app for Windows Phone.
The app provides fans with exclusive and behind the scenes news, tour information, up to date squad announcements and video content.
The app features:
- “Living With The Lions” news items giving fans the opportunity to keep up to date with the latest information in the build-up to the tour
- Tour 2013 background information and upcoming fixture details
- Video content
- “Sea Of Red” provides fans the chance to join in the “roar of the lions”
- History of the Lions Legends
- Key sponsor information
- Details of the 2013 Tour Squad announcement
The free app supports both WP7.5 and 8 and can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.