Microsoft today updated their Office Lens app in Windows Phone Store v1.3.3601.0. This new update brings in improved algorithm that allows faster image processing in low-end Windows Phone devices and there is a new Business Card mode that allows you to capture Business cards and extract their contact information into OneNote and even allows you to save the contact information to phone.
– Images are processed faster, especially on budget devices.
– Business card mode: Introducing an experimental feature that lets you capture Business cards and extract their contact information into OneNote. contact information is also saved as a VCF file that you can open from OneNote on your PC or phone and add to your contact list. This feature works best with US English-based Business cards right now.
– With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
– With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
– Pictures are saved to your camera roll and also directly into OneNote, so you can see the images across all your devices.
– Choose to convert images to Word (.docx) or PowerPoint (.pptx) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
Right now, Business card scanning works best on English-based business cards, but Office Lens team plans to add additional language support in the future. You can help our recognition algorithms get smarter:
- Upload your collection of scanned business cards to a folder on OneDrive.com, Dropbox.com, or any other cloud drive.
- Create a sharing link. Here are instructions for: OneDrive and Dropbox.
- Email the sharing link to [email protected].
Microsoft will use these images to improve their algorithms.
Download it for free from Windows Phone Store here.