Microsoft today updated their Office Lens app in Windows Phone Store v1.2.3421.0. This new update brings in improved algorithm that allows faster image processing in low-end Windows Phone devices. It now has faster edge detection and handy push notifications for Word and PowerPoint conversion. Other than that, there is no new features in this release.
– Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
– Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
– Printed text will be automatically recognized (using OCR) so you can search for words in images and copy and edit them.
– With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
– With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
– Pictures are saved to your camera roll and also directly into OneNote, so you can see the images across all your devices.
– Choose to convert images to Word (.docx) or PowerPoint (.pptx) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
Download it for free from Windows Phone Store here.