Microsoft today rolled out a slew of new features to Office Insiders in the Fast Ring. The company introduced major new features such as auto-saving for online files and co-authoring in Excel for Office Insiders in the Fast Ring. The company isn’t, however, forgetting about Insiders in the Slow Ring.
The company just released a new update for the core Office apps on Windows (plus Visio) to Insiders in the Slow Ring, adding a bunch of new features and improvements. Here’s the full list of new things and improvements:
- QuickStarter in PowerPoint: Starting from scratch is hard. QuickStarter automatically creates an outline for your topic of choice with suggested talking points and designs that make your presentation pop.
- Data Visualizer templates in Visio: Automatically create a Basic Flowchart or a Cross-Functional Flowchart from Excel data by using new Data Visualizer templates in Visio.
- Focused Inbox in Outlook: Focused Inbox helps you focus on the emails that matter most to you. It separates your inbox into two tabs—Focused and Other. Your most important emails are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessible—but out of the way—on the Other tab.
- PowerPoint Designer: Designer now recommends professional design ideas for action-oriented lists.
- Translator add-in on Outlook: Now you can translate email without leaving Outlook. Just turn on the Translator add-in to translate with a single tap. Choose from 60 languages.
As these features are now on the Office Insider program’s Slow Ring, Microsoft will likely roll them out to all Office users on Windows very soon and we will let you know when that happens. In the meantime, if you are an Office Insider in the Slow Ring, make sure to check for updates to get the latest and greatest features.