An update to Walk-Run-Bike-Drive, the comprehensive route and GPS track mapping app, has just hit the Marketplace. Already a versatile tool for planning multiple routes and saving multiple GPS tracks, this update allows the user to take photos for each location (waypoint) in your route.
Select an existing photo, or, tap the camera icon to take a new photo. Photos taken and assigned to waypoints are stored in the phone’s photo library. The route waypoint list shows a thumbnail of your photo. Long tap the photo for a larger version of the photo is displayed along with the waypoint name and notes. On the map display, tap a waypoint to display your photo of that location. If no photo has been assigned, a satellite aerial image of that location displays.
- Plan and track your walks, runs, bike trails, cross country skiing, etc.
- Store multiple recurring routes to drive, walk, bicycle, jog.
- Or, simply record the location where you parked your car.
- Track elapsed time, distance, average speed.
- Display course, altitude, current speed.
- Take photos of your waypoints
- Record new routes.
- Geocache hunting.
- Share GPS location on Facebook, Twitter, Live.
- Pick-up from multiple addresses and find the best route.
- Deliver to several locations.
- Useful for Home Health Car Professional, visiting Nurse, Salesman, Garage Sale addict.
- Record where you parked your car so you can return to that spot easily.
- Share your routes and tracks with others using standard GPX files.
- Use routes and tracks from sharing sites.
- Review and relive your past hikes, trips, adventures.
Walk-Run-Bike-Drive gives you several ways to quickly build a list of multiple addresses, or "waypoints". You can enter an address manually, pick from the phone’s contact list, use the current GPS location (and find its address), enter a latitude/longitude, and select from saved favorite routes. Entered waypoints can otionally be saved to your phone’s contact list too.
To view your progress, switch to the map view and turn on tracking. Your track is marked on the map as you go. Elapsed time, distance, altitude, course, current and average speed are displayed and updated as you walk, run, bike, kayak, or drive.
Maintain notes and photo for each waypoint. Save multiple routes and export GPX to SkyDrive, phone, or clipboard for sharing, emailing, and uploading to sharing and tracking web sites, or just for your own personal record keeping.
Exported GPX files are compatible with many web sites featuring sport tracking and sharing, such as:
- DailyMile.com – Free import/export sharing GPX
- gobreadcrumbs.com – skiing and hiking trails
- MapMyRide.com – Bike routes
- strava.com – Bike routes
- everytrail.com – Hiking trails
- bing.com/maps – Bing Maps MyPlaces
Check out your friends travels by importing their GPX files. Examine routes and tracks you would like to try out — view them on your phone, or modify them by adding your own waypoints.