Windows 10 Mobile will go out of support in December this year, which means this month’s Cumulative Update is one of the last few coming to the OS.
Today Microsoft pushed out KB4499181 to Windows 10 Mobile owners, taking the OS to 15254.566.
The update brings:
- Provided protection against a new subclass of speculative execution sidewall vulnerabilities, known as microarchitecture data sampling , for Windows 64-bit (x64) versions (CVE-2018-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018- 12127, CVE-2018-12130).
- Added “uk.gov” to the top-level domains of strict HTTP transport security (TLD HSTS) for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed an issue that could cause “Error 1309” when installing or uninstalling certain types of .msi and .msp files in a virtual drive.
- Fixed a problem that prevented Microsoft Visual Studio Simulator from starting.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the text, layout, or cell size to become narrower or wider than expected in Microsoft Excel when using the MS UI Gothic or MS PGothic fonts.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Windows Scripting, Windows applications platform and Frameworks, Windows graphics, Windows Media, Windows wireless networks, Windows kernel.
To download the update, go to Settings> Update and security> Windows Update> Check for updates.