Microsoft yesterday sent out an email to Windows Developers about the Windows Developer Awards 2018. This is the chance for the Windows Developer community to recognize developers in the Windows community for their outstanding work over the past year. Nominations are open for six categories, including:
- Ninja Cat of the Year: Some developers code to live — this developer lives to code. This award honors a developer that demonstrates leadership as a standout Windows developer and makes significant contributions in the community to evolve the craft of development, exemplifying Microsoft’s core values.
- Application Creator of the Year: Exploring the latest Windows 10 features and capabilities, the winner of this award pushes the envelope and sets a new bar for what is possible for developing on the Windows 10 platform. This award recognizes?an application creator that leverages the?latest Windows 10 capabilities and APIs such as Fluent Design System, Ink, Hello, and Microsoft Graph.
- Game Creator of the Year: From Xbox to PCs to mixed reality, developers are creating the next generation of gaming experiences using Windows 10. The recipient of this award has created a game for which the technical achievements are as compelling as the game mechanics.?This award recognizes a Windows developer who publishes an innovative, engaging, and immersive game to the Microsoft Store.
- Reality Mixer of the Year: This award celebrates those who choose to mix their own view of the world, blending digital and real-world content in creative ways and demonstrating the potential of the platform; Windows Mixed Reality helps developers create experiences that transcend the traditional view of reality. This award recognizes a Windows developer creating innovative immersive experiences with mixed reality.
- Design Innovator of the Year: From the look and feel to the intuitiveness of the UI, the application of Fluent Design System elements raises the user experience standard to which all modern applications and games should adhere.??This award recognizes excellence in design in a published application, or game, that applies Fluent Design System principles to create outstanding interactive aesthetics.
- Commercial Innovator of the Year: Whether it’s efficiency and collaboration or innovation and management, the Commercial Innovator of the Year harnesses creativity that helps organizations and their employees accomplish their goals. ?This award recognizes a development talent focused on creating amazing commercial applications.
Nominations are open through March 8th and you can find more details here.