Nokia today released a new beta version of its City Lens AR app for Windows Phone 7.x devices. This brings the features that are part of the new City Lens app in Windows Phone 8 devices such as Lumia 920.
Following are the new features that are part of this beta version,
- Sightline â€“ De-clutter your surroundings. With the new Sightline feature in City Lens, you can narrow your view to just whatâ€™s in your direct line of sight, making it easier to spot great places that are right in front of you.
- Freeze view â€“ Browse more naturally. When scanning your surroundings in camera view, you can now freeze your view and study your options without having to keep your phone pointed at the target. Just tap and the screen â€œfreezes,â€ letting you browse the scene more comfortably.
- Quick info â€“ Get the essentials in camera view. Tap a virtual sign once to view the placeâ€™s address overlaid on your display while you keep scanning. Then tap again to share, get directions, or view reviews, photos, and more.
- Pin favorite categories to start â€“ Your most common searches with a tap. City Lens now lets you pin favorite categories to your home screen. Now wherever you are, you can find something you love nearby with just a tap.
- Create Live Tiles â€“ What you want at a glance. With new Live Tile support, you can easily see when your favorite places are nearby. Just pin a favorite search to your home screen and right in the tile youâ€™ll see your closest options without even having to launch the app.
Download it from Betalabs here.