Nokia Chat, which is in beta and which is backed by Yahoo Messenger, is now available to all Lumia owners, rather than the small list of countries as previously.
The app supports both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 and features:
- Person to Person Messaging: Reach millions of Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger users across different mobile and computer platforms.
- Push Notifications and Live Tile Updates: Receive new message notifications, preview new messages, and see how many notifications you’ve received – even when Nokia Chat isn’t running.
- Share a Place: Send information about a restaurant, store, or other point of interest.
- Find Contacts: Scan your phone’s address book to find friends and family who already use Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger.
- Tap+Send (NFC, WP8-only) Between Lumia Phones: Send your chat address, the details of anyone on your chat contact list, and Nokia Chat itself to another NFC-equipped Lumia.
While the app is now available worldwide, it still only available in English and Spanish.