Alongside Microsoft’s Windows 10 November update, Microsoft is now releasing Windows 10 for the Xbox One. While this release under other SKUs for Windows 10 does not contain Cortana, it comes with several new features and improvements to the gaming functionality of the Xbox. The dashboard feature is now faster and less frustrating to use, voice functionality has been improved several times over and Microsoft has now added support for 104 Xbox 360 games.
Check out the other under the radar features below.
- Xbox One Avatars. We know that our fans love Avatars on Xbox 360 and so we’ve brought them to Xbox One but with some critical, visual fidelity upgrades including anti-aliasing, lighting, and shading improvements. The end result is a modern take on a longstanding favorite.
- Game Hubs. We redesigned Game Hubs from the ground up to bring everything you want to know about a game into one place. Follow your favorite games to keep up to date on the latest news and social media. The new Game Hubs are always literally at your fingertips: with one button press, access the Game Hub for each game in your recently played games list.
- Remap buttons on any controller. The new Xbox Accessories app lets you reassign buttons on any Xbox One Wireless Controller. You can now customize your button mapping, invert thumbsticks, swap triggers, and more to create the best personalized experience
- New ways to navigate and interact with Xbox One, including:
- Narrator: screen reader that reads aloud in-focus text on the screen
- Magnifier: allows you to zoom in and out and pan, providing an enlarged view of elements on your screen
- High contrast: adjusts color and transparency settings
Are you excited for this new update to your Xbox? Let us know in the comments below.