There’s a new Xbox One build rolling out to Beta ring Insiders tonight which adds new social features. While we don’t know what the social features are at the moment, we do know they’re coming. Xbox’s Brad Rossetti shared this news on Twitter a few minutes ago. The social features will be from the list promised a few weeks ago.
Xbox One Insiders – Preview BETA Users prepping a new 1704 for 4.00pm PDT today (3/31) new social features per https://t.co/P4e6QbQrCG
— Brad Rossetti (@WorkWombatman) March 31, 2017
The social features will probably include the ability to join tournaments or changes to clubs and Looking for Group (LFG). The abilities which may be added are as follows:
- When you create an LFG post, as the owner you will be able to see new vetting cards that include hero stats from gamers interested in joining your party.
- You will be able to search LFG posts from the Achievements tab, related to the Achievement you’re trying to finish.
- They’re adding the number of open LFG posts to the Game Hub and Club Hub headers.
- Have you made a successful LFG post that you want to create again? Now you can see previous LFG posts that you have created, participated or shown interest in, and can copy them to create new posts.
- When creating an LFG post, see all the recent tags you’ve used and easily select them.
- Club owners can upload custom images for their Club logo and Club background.
- Club owners and admins will be identified and labeled in their text posts to better help them stand out and manage their community.
- Club owners and admins can pin a post at the top of their Club feed.
Microsoft will share official patch notes soon so we should know exactly what’s included. Hopefully they’ll add a detailed breakdown of the new features rather than a sentence that says “more social features were added” like in the past.
Update: Microsoft provided the changelog for the update along with known issues.
Preview BETA Ring – new build available at 6.00pm PDT today.
An ETA on Custom gamerpics being turned on for the BETA ring is TBD as we work through the feature.
March 31st: Preview Beta build available (1704.170326-1700)
NOTE: This update (rs2_release_xbox_1703.170321-1800) became available to Preview Alpha on 3/29 and is now moving to Preview Beta.
HOW TO GET IT
• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.
• If you have been selected to receive the update and your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 4/2/2017, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1704.170326-1700
Available: 4:00PM PDT 3/31 (1:00AM GMT 1/4)
Welcome to 1704 on Xbox One! This month we’re rolling out several feature updates inspired by your feedback.
You can read more about the features coming in this update on the Xbox News Wire.
NOTE: Not all planned features for this update are available at this time.
Fixed an issue which prevented some users from adding a new payment method.
“Hey Cortana” should now function when searching for Store content.
• Movies & TV
Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause Movies & TV to crash to Home immediately after launch.
Resolved an issue which prevented users from adding a new profile.
• Settings – Display & sound
The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
• Wireless Display
The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
The Beta ring build includes more fixes than expected. It’s unclear what the new social features are so you’ll just have to discover them as you go along.