It’s another day and there’s another Xbox Insider update. Build rs2_release_xbox_1703.170321-1800 went out to members of the Alpha Ring at 9 PM EDT last night. While the download didn’t add any new features, it fixed some aggravating issues. Microsoft plans on pushing this update to Beta Ring members today and Ring 3 members after that. If you didn’t get the update automatically, you can always go to System in the Settings menu and download it manually. The changes and known issues are as follows:
- Fixed an issue which prevented users from purchasing in-game content in certain games, including Overwatch and Destiny. This fix was originally applied on March 22 and should now be resolved for all affected users. You do not need to download the latest system update to resolve this.
- Skate 3 should no longer crash to Home after attempting to join a Quick Match.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent users from signing-in.
The update also corrects other minor problems and contains some behind-the-scenes improvements.
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out, enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display still fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home. This is quite a significant issue for people who beam their devices to Xbox One.
Hopefully Microsoft will release another update soon which fixes the Wireless Display issue. It seems like we’re approaching the release of the new update to the general public because each day the list of known issues diminishes. However, it will probably be a while before it launches because coding the new Audio output page is a daunting task.