IOU Revamped is the successor of IOU, the undisputed number one in tracking your loans and debts. The original can no longer be updated because of trouble with the AppHub, so a new version has been submitted. The new one not only brings Mango Fast App Switching, but also other great improvements.
Key elements are an easy-to-use interface that fits your phone’s theme, and high performance. The app is available for free.
There are four essential new features:
- The first is archiving IOUâ€™s: instead of deleting an IOU completely, you can now archive them for future reference. Itâ€™ll also save the date on which you archived it, in case you want to look it up.
- The second is adding return dates: when adding a loan you can now add a return date. Next to the three current pages (â€˜Overviewâ€™, â€˜I oweâ€™, â€˜They oweâ€™) a fourth one shows only loans with a deadline.
- The third is a live tile: IOU is a Windows Phone 7-exclusive app, and Live Tiles are a Windows Phone-exclusive feature. Makes sense to implement it, right? The back of the live tile now shows you your upcoming deadline plus how many deadlines you have in total.
- The fourth is pinning a secondary tile: tapping the secondary tile on your start screen, immediately brings you to the â€˜New IOUâ€™-page.
- Keep track of all the stuff people borrowed from you, or you borrowed from them;
- Keep track of both borrowed items and money;
- Several available lists give a clear view of all your loans;
- â€œGlance and Goâ€ design philosophy: you can see the most relevant information about a loan right there in the overview list – tapping the loan shows all details;
- Visually stunning interface using your phone’s theme, including elegant page transitions;
- Useful live tile showing you the first upcoming deadline and total amount of upcoming deadlines;
- Ability to pin adding a new IOU straight to your homescreen!
- Archive loans by marking them repaid, for easy record-keeping
You can find IOU Revamped in the marketplace.