Respawn, the developers behind the Titanfall franchise recently announced their biggest update ever for Titanfall game. This update includes brand new cooperative game mode – Frontier Defense, new Ranked Play that will enable you to work your way through an increasingly challenging set of Tiers by out-performing other Pilots in battle, 7 new Titan Insignias, full screen mini-map and more.
Read more about it below,
Brand new cooperative game mode – Frontier Defense
Join forces with up to three other players in this cooperative game mode to defend a vital objective from increasingly intense waves of AI combatants.
– You and your team will face down familiar foes as well as the IMC’s newest combat units: hordes of Grunts and Spectres, stealthy Sniper Spectres and Cloak Drones, explosive Suicide Spectres and Nuclear Titans, ranged Mortar Titans, and even melee-resistant Arc Titans!
– Supplement your firepower by earning and deploying stationary turrets around the battlefield.
– Leverage your full arsenal against the IMC without skipping a beat by using the new Loadout Crates near the objective to switch loadouts at will, while refilling ammo and ordnance.
– Pilots who fall in battle are flown back into the fray in a dropship that circles above the action before touchdown. Experienced Pilots always maximize their impact on the struggle below by firing from the side window of the dropship on approach.
– Seasoned players can challenge themselves to beat their best score. Try to earn 3 Map Stars on each map!
– Play in every corner of the Frontier, including the maps introduced in IMC Rising and every previous Titanfall expansion!
Test yourself! Ranked play will enable you to work your way through an increasingly challenging set of Tiers by out-performing other Pilots in battle. This is not an exclusive mode or playlist and it works in all standard competitive matches.
In order to obtain the metrics we need to finalize the details, this feature will be launching in beta form.
The beta will last at least through October. After the beta, it will be open to all players level 32 or higher. A new season of Ranked Play will begin on the 1st of each month.
Looking for a beta invite? All Gen 10 players will receive beta access, in appreciation of their skill and determination. Gen 10 players may also invite other players to join in the fun. Gen 10 players are given 5 invites to Ranked Play, and 3 more invites per day. We may also expand beta access during this period.
Sudden Death in CTF
In Capture the Flag if the timer runs out and the scores are tied, the match will go into Sudden Death. Respawning is disabled, the first team to capture the enemy’s flag will win.
For an additional challenge while playing the game, we’ve added 3 stars to obtain in each primary game mode of each map. The stars you earn persist forever and you only have to earn each star once. To earn the star just play a match and reach the indicated score requirement. There are a potential of 504 stars to earn, and new Titan Insignias to unlock for earning a total of 30 stars combined for a game mode. You can view the progress of all Map Stars, and their requirements, in the “Levels” menu under “Personal Stats”.
Full Screen Minimap
To improve coordination among teammates, we’ve added the ability to bring up a full map by pressing Right D-Pad or “M” on the keyboard.
New Titan Insignias
7 new Titan Insignias have been added. 2 for Frontier Defense, 5 for Map Stars completion.
Private Match Burn Card Sets
Instead of using your regular Burn Cards in Private Match, you now specify a set of Burn Cards for the lobby. Each player has access to a copy of this set and may make whatever selections they see fit.
• Fair and Balanced—Set designed for competitive play.
• All Cards—One of every Burn Card.
• No Rares—Every Burn Card, excluding rare cards.
• Ghost Match—Collection of cloak-related cards.
• High Velocity—Collection of stim-related cards.
• Machine War—Spectres…fighting Spectres…with armies of Spectres.
• Fightin’ Titans—Collection of amped Titan weapons, anti-Titan weapons, etc.
• Amped Up—All amped weapons, all the time.
• CTF Competitive—Set designed for competitive Capture the Flag.
• LTS Competitive—Set designed for competitive Last Titan Standing.
• None—No Burn Cards.
Read the complete list of changes here.
Order Titanfall from the following links,