Call of Duty: Modern Warfare already feels like a pretty feature complete game, but new Modern Warfare DLC could massively improve the map count.
Despite already including an impressive 19 multiplayer maps across all of its modes, developer Infinity Ward could be adding a lot more.
A dataminer has discovered that Modern Warfare lists a whopping 38 extra maps within the game’s files. Not only is this amazing news for fans of the shooter, but for fans of the sub series as a whole as classic maps make a return.
If the datanine is leading us to real maps, you’ll be able to 1v1 on Rust once again. Also included in the list are Crash, Shipment and Sub Base.
The full list is as follows:
- Cage (mp_m_cage)
- Cargo (mp_m_cargo)
- Hook (mp_m_hook)
- Exclusion Zone (mp_m_exclusion)
- Shoot House (mp_m_speed)
6V6 / 10V10
- Aniyah Tac (mp_aniyah_tac)
- Crash (mp_crash2)
- Dam (mp_dam)
- Krovnik Farmland (mp_farms2)
- Gulag (mp_gulag)
- Hospital (mp_hospital)
- Layover (mp_layover)
- Lowline (mp_lowline)
- Lumber (mp_lumber)
- Malyshev (mp_malyshev)
- Milbase (mp_millbase)
- Oasis (mp_oasis)
- Port (mp_port2)
- Prison (mp_prison)
- Rivne (mp_rivne)
- Shipment (mp_shipment)
- Shipmight (Day) (mp_shipment_am)
- Shipment (Night) (mp_shipment_pm)
- Slums (mp_slums)
- Stadium (mp_stadium)
- Sub Base (mp_subbase_lm)
- Super (mp_super)
- Urzikstan (mp_syrkistan)
- Torez (mp_torez)
- Transit (mp_transit)
- TV Station (mp_tvstation)
- Faridah (mp_faridah)
- Rust (mp_rust)
- Takedown (mp_takedown)
- Borderline (mp_borderline)
- Smetna Farms (mp_farms2_gw)
Gun Course (mp_t_gun_course)
Marksman Range (mp_t_sn_reflex)
In a separate datamine, a CoD fan site discovered that Modern Warfare DLC will also include the return of some awesome modes.
Demolition, Gun Game, Infected and Capture the Flag are all accounted for. (Please bring gun game back!)
The full list of modes is as follows:
- Showdown (+ Hardcore) (gametype_showdown)
- Onslaught (gametype_onslaught)
- Incursion (gametype_incursion)
- Fireteam (+ Hardcore) (gametype_fireteam)
- Breach (gametype_breach)
- Arms Race (+ Hardcore) (gametype_arm)
- Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg): Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce (gametype_siege): Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Rupture (gametype_rugby): Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy’s base to win.
- One in the Chamber (gametype_oic): Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz): Take your team’s flag into the enemy team’s base.
- Infected (gametype_infect): Eliminated Survivors become Infected.
- Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- High Value Target (gametype_hvt): Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Gun Game (gametype_gun): Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Grind (gametype_grind): Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone): Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Demolition (gametype_demo): Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Defender (gametype_tdef): Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search and Rescue (gametype_sr): Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf): Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
- Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm): Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault (gametype_assault): Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
- All or Nothing (gametype_aon): Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
That’s a lot of Call of Duty.