Microsoft is continually updating its streaming service Mixer to provide a better experience an all devices. A new Mixer app beta is now available on iOS and Android devices that adds improvements based on community feedback that the team has received from mobile users. This means the app will focus on personalization, performance, and content discoverability.
Among the changes are redesigns for certain sections of the app, like the trending section, and a completely new user interface. The beta will run faster than ever with new code that provides stability and was optimized for mobile functionality.
A slew of features are included in the release today, though some are coming soon still. These can all be read below.
- Top level home carousel shared with Mixer.com with always playing previews
- Games now on your home page instead of in a filter tab
- Search with search history
- Following with LIVE streams ordered first
- Recommended streams bubbled up to the top
- Iconography to visually indicate streams with Interactive, Co-streaming and FTL
- An improved Profile page with links to your channel, your level and your sparks
- Improved filtering for Trending broadcasts
- Chat with Viewer list, whispers, and basic mod features
- Reliable push notifications for Android and iOS
- Further chat parity features with Mixer.com
- Co-streaming playback experience improvements