Today, a day after its last update Microsoft has released a new update (Build 78.0.276.2) to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel. This will be the last build on the Chromium 78 branch.
The main new features of that release according to Microsoft include:
- Added the ability to open all items in a Collection in new tabs.
- Added dark theme support to edge://components.
- Added a management policy for importing settings from another browser.
- Fixed an issue where Edge failed to update with error “failed to cache the downloaded installer”.
- Fixed an issue where printing webpages failed because the print preview got stuck while loading.
- Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping favourites on the favourites management page sometimes leads to a crash.
- Fixed a crash when using InPrivate.
- Fixed some crashes when rotating PDFs.
- Fixed an issue where using keyboard shortcuts when popups are open sometimes crashes the browser.
- Improved reliability when playing videos protected with DRM.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard sessions failed to start.
- Fixed an issue where clicking webpage controls quickly sometimes crashes the page.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes crashes when the OS data collection level is changed.
- Fixed an issue where browser UI like the video controls don’t disappear when watching videos on certain sites.
- Fixed an issue where the top sites tiles on the new tab page display a different website than the one they actually link to.
- Fixed an issue where translation doesn’t work on certain pages.
- Fixed an issue where the “translating” message is not shown when a page is translated.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling using the touchscreen sometimes doesn’t work on certain browser UI.
- Fixed an issue where the button to close a tab isn’t the correct size or shape.
- Fixed an issue where the links to apps on the browser’s Apps page open the app twice.
- Fixed an issue where using shift + enter to start an installed website or app from the Apps page doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the eye icon to show passwords sometimes appears twice.
- Improved Tracking Prevention performance when extensions like ad blockers are installed.
- Fixed an issue where text pasted into a collection is sometimes the wrong colour.
- Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping items into a collection sometimes leads to images in the collection disappearing.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where dragging and dropping an image into a collection sometimes saves a link instead of an image.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where using the scrubber to move through a full-screen video doesn’t move the time properly.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where some buttons don’t change state when the browser loses focus.
- Fixed an issue in some locales where certain settings aren’t translated.
- Fixed some unlocalized strings in the F12 Dev Tools.
- Fixed an issue where the webpage favicon and the loading spinner appear at the same time.
- Temporarily disabled with a feature flag the cards with website info that appears when hovering over a tab.
- Removed the ability to import favourites inside an Application Guard session.
To download the updated browser, which can be used side by side with regular Edge, read more at Microsoft here.