Microsoft has released a new update (Build 184.108.40.206) to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel.
This build contains a number of fixes and improvements, the most notable of which is a new feature to clear browsing data on exit. You can find this option in settings under “Privacy and services”. Some of the other changes are listed below.
Fixes and improvements in 220.127.116.11:
- Fixed an issue which was preventing Hulu playback for some users. Hulu would not play on a supported monitor if there was a second unsupported monitor attached.
- The user interface now uses Windows system settings and colours for high contrast.
- When importing your data from other browsers in profile settings, a new option to import cookies is available.
- Website permissions like access to location and devices are now migrated from the current version of Microsoft Edge when you install an insider channel.
- When Microsoft Defender SmartScreen identifies a malicious site, if you open the site information flyout from the left side of the address box you will see new options to “Report as safe” and “Show unsafe content”.
- SmartScreen protection is now built-in on macOS, and the SmartScreen extension has been disabled.
- The option to disable SmartScreen is no longer available in guest mode.
- In response to feedback, we increased the width of pinned tabs to make them easier to see and click.
- The ability to export passwords to a CSV file has been restored.
- Updated the error messages seen when the PDF reader is disabled in site permissions. Different errors are now shown for local files versus web files, and the messages offer a quick link to the setting.
- In the download page, cancelled downloads are now shown with grey colour and strikethrough title.
- You can now use spacebar to choose items in menus, in addition to the enter key.
- When opening a menu with the keyboard, the first item in the menu is now selected by default.
Users in the weekly Dev channel can update their browser by visiting the About Edge page in the Browser Settings.
To download the updated browser, which can be used side by side with regular Edge, read more at Microsoft here.