Microsoft recently released an update version 1802 (Build 9020.2003) for Microsoft Word for Windows to Office Insiders in the Fast level. This build comes with a brand new feature called Editor Overview Pane which will help you quickly find and fix the proofing issues you care about. Here’s what it does:
1. Showing a categorized Overview of writing enhancement opportunities:
- Corrections are issues you’re strongly advised to fix.
- Refinements give optional advice on stylistic or situational matters.
- Counters and Checkmarks track progress & celebrate achievement.
2. Drawing attention to elements of Good Writing:
- Gives writers a dashboard for self-assessment.
- Gives teachers a scorecard to drive learning goal conversations.
- Presents the breadth and depth of checks in a manageable way.
3. Making it easy to fix just those categories that matter to your writing goals:
- Scrub the whole document linearly – or a Category at a time.
- Fix in a recommended sequence: Spelling > Grammar > Refinements.
- Spend time on Categories you want to focus on.
Microsoft will gradually rollout this feature to Insiders. If you are not seeing this, wait for some days. You can open this pane by clicking the “Check Document” button in Review tab of the Ribbon.