Netflix has now added a new option that will allow you to disable autoplay features across all devices. Netflix right now provides two different autoplay settings that you can turn on or off.
- When you watch TV shows with multiple episodes, you can automatically play the next episode using autoplay without needing to manually select it.
- When you browse Netflix, you can automatically play trailers using autoplay to get a preview of a TV show or movie.
Both the above behaviors can be customized based on your needs. To turn autoplay on or off:
- Sign In to Netflix from a web browser.
- Select Manage Profiles from the menu.
- Select the profile you’d like to update.
- Check or uncheck the option to Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices.
- Check or uncheck the option to Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices.
There may be a delay before the setting takes affect. If you want to change the settings immediately, you can force an update by switching to another profile, then switching back to your profile.