In these times of Garmin, TomTom, IGo and even more impressively Google holding GPS software with an Iron fist, its nice to see a NaviComputer getting back out there. NaviComputer for months has been supplying free offline GPS software for all Windows Mobile users and now with this update it can better your experience with the software. The update brings more language support to Spanish, French and Italian users. Some bugs were also fixed with this new released that were apparent in the previous version.
Here is the changelog:
- New: Square Screen support
- New: Spanish translation (Thanks to IÃ±igo)
- New: French translation (Thanks to Paul)
- New: Italian translation (Thanks to Giovanni)
- New: Possibility to toggle gps on/off by tapping the right corner in the topbar.
- Fix: Wrong location when adding POI while 2xZoom is enabled
- Fix: Importing some gpx files / waypoints failed
– Offline map navigation without internet connection/dataplan
– Easy map download from online mapsources like OpenStreetMap
– Finger friendly and fluid user interface
– Track recording with statistics like time, distance, average speed and elevation profile
– Conform to the common gpx file format (import and export)
– Multilingual userinterface (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian)
– Windows Mobile 6 operating system
– WVGA, VGA, QWVGA or QVGA touch display
– .NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed
– GPS receiver (internal gps receiver recommended, but external receivers may work as well)
– Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 OS
– .NET Framework 3.5 installed
– Internet access
– Active Sync (for installation) recommended
Connect your device to Active Sync and run the .exe installer
This will install NaviComputer on your device and NaviMapper on your PC.
If you cannot use activesync, you will find the CAB in your program directory after running the setup.