YouTube doesn’t have an official app for Windows Phone – but as we all know, that hasn’t stopped developers from making some amazing 3rd party clients. One of the best YouTube app for Windows Phone, myTube has picked up a major update. The update isn’t a minor one – it packs a new design and handful of new features. With the latest update, myTube has a brand-new and cleaner user interface. The developer behind the app, Ryken Apps has told us that the app has been developed from scratch as a universal app. myTube now plays videos in 480p, 1080p and 60 FPS with the latest update as well.
The update also adds a new Liked Videos page where you can view your liked videos. You can saved videos to your SD card with the latest update as well. Here is the full changelog:
- Complete redesign, and rebuilt from scratch as a universal app
- Ability to watch videos in 480p, 1080p and 60 FPS (1080p only available on 720p+ screened phones, 60 FPS may not play at full speed on the L520 and similar devices).
- Ability to download only the audio of a video
- Ability to save videos to the SD card if your Storage Sense settings allow that
- You can now view your liked videos
- You can now sign into and easily switch between multiple accounts
- You can now open videos in myTube from IE by sharing them to the app, so the “Open in myTube” favorites link is no longer needed. This method can also open embedded videos, such as if you shared a WMPU article to the app that contained YouTube videos.
- The app now allows for browsing in landscape mode
- Watch history loads much faster than in previous versions
- Videos start playing faster than in previous versions
It’s also worth mentioning that the app has been renamed as “myTube!”. Nonetheless, the latest update isn’t live on the Windows Phone Store just yet. However, the developer has told us that it should be live in the next few hours. Head-over to this link to download the latest update.
What do you think of the latest update? Discuss in the comment section below.
Yes, it seems faster.