Mixed Reality viewer is somewhat of a forgotten app for most Windows 10 users, but Microsoft has been working at making it more useful, turning the name into something of a misnomer now.
In its latest update for Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring, the app gained the ability to insert 3D objects into a video and then output the result to create results which would have required a supercomputer 20 years ago.
— Aggiornamenti Lumia (@ALumia_Italia) April 14, 2018
The full changelog for version 4.1804.10022.0 , reads:
- New welcome screen: Discover how animation brings your mixed reality acquisitions to life
- New collection of animated models: On Remix 3D you can now download a collection of 3D animated models to be included in your recordings
- New icon: The old “Cube” icon is back
- Choose the best animation: Each animated 3D model can be modified by choosing one of the five available animations
- Edit speed, angle of animations: On the bottom right there is a new section to easily change the speed of the animations. The angle can instead be changed with mouse or touch
- Record a video with mixed reality: Mixed Reality Viewer now allows you to record animated videos
Insiders on Skip Ahead can find the update in the Windows Store here.
Screenshot and video credit and source Aggiornamenti Lumia