WPCentral has a rumoured list of new Windows Phone 7 features expected to be announced at MIX 11 next week.
Reading closer to a wish list than our Windows Phone 7 reality so far, it seems the answer to almost every prayer developers have had so far.
The expected updates include:
- Interoperability: devs can now use both Silverlight and XNA inside a single app
- Bundled SQL CE on the device
- Full camera API access e.g. for augmented reality apps
- Live tiles and push notifications will be improved and easier for developers to use
- Sensor framework and controls – easier access
- Silverlight 4 for Windows Phone
- Full network / sockets access
- More on ‘Mango’
Easter bunnies did however not make the list.
Lets hope there is more truth than fantasy in there, and that the inevitable OS update which will follow will roll out more smoothly than NoDO did.