Minecraft’s major Aquatic update that was announced back in November at Minecon Earth will be receiving a beta that’s rolling out to Xbox One, Windows 10, and Android devices today.
As stated in the beta’s announcement, it will include features like “new swimming animations, stripped logs, tridents, Prismarine stairs and slabs and a mysterious new hostile mob that you really don’t want to meet on the ocean floor…” It’s important to note that these are not all of the features that will be included in the final build of the Aquatic update, and more will be introduced in future betas.
Click here to learn how to download the beta on your platform of choice. Once the beta is downloaded, you’ll need to go into Game Settings and toggle the option to Use Experimental Gameplay. This will then allow you to test out features in the Aquatic update that are not-yet-fully-released.
You can full the beta’s full changelog below.
A handful of features from Update Aquatic have been added to the beta via Experimental Gameplay. These features are incomplete and are not representative of final gameplay but feedback is absolutely welcome!
- Added Drowned mobs
- Added the Trident and new enchantments (Channeling, Loyalty, Riptide and Impaling)
- Added Stripped Wood
- Added Slabs and Stairs for Prismarine, Prismarine Brick, and Dark Prismarine
- Iron Golems no longer spawn when Mob Spawning is disabled
- Rain, smoke particles, and shadows are no longer visible through lava
- Disabling “Visible to LAN Players” for one world no longer disables it for all worlds
- Buttons cloned in a “pressed” state no longer remain pressed forever
- A warning now appears instructing not to close the game when exporting a world
- The power output of Redstone Comparators is no longer lost after a world is converted from Xbox One Edition
- Pick Block no longer replaces the item currently selected in the hotbar if other slots are empty
FIXES FOR BUGS INTRODUCED DURING BETA:
- Increased stability and fixed several crashes
- Abandoned mineshafts no longer generate above ground
- Fixed improper Mushroom Block obtained from giant red mushrooms when using Pick Block
- Tools now work properly and no longer shake in-hand
- Sticky Pistons no longer turn into regular Pistons after being renamed
- Tripwire Hooks once again appear in Jungle Temples
- Players can once again stand on top of ladders
- Mob heads can no longer be duplicated by placing them in water
- Strongholds once again generate with Mossy Stone Brick and Cracked Stone Brick
- The maximum render distance on Xbox One X is once again 22 chunks
- More than one line of text can once again be placed on signs
- The B button no longer has to be pressed twice on the controller to deselect a skin in the Skin Picker