Microsoft and Mojang today teased a bunch of new features coming to Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition and Pocket Edition. The company announced that they will be adding support for Pistons with the upcoming update. According to Xbox Wire, Pistion support was a much-requested feature from the Minecraft community. Alongside support for Pistons, Microsoft will also introduce online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends and Xbox Live Achievements for those on iOS and Android.
Here is the full changelog:
- Mysterious, as-yet-unspecified friendliness
- Pistons and sticky pistons!
- Observer blocks: new blocks that can detect changes in neighboring blocks
- Xbox Live Achievements on iOS and Android
- Online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends!
- Leads, horses and dyeable horse armor!
- Fire charges
- Pig riding!
- A whole new UI for the main menu, shared with the Windows 10 Edition
- You can now tip arrows using a cauldron and potions!
- Husk zombies in the desert
- Stray skeletons in tundras
- Different villages in taigas and savannahs
- Skeleton horse traps!
The upcoming Minecraft update for Windows 10, Android and iOS is, indeed, looking pretty exciting. We will let you know when the update is live on Windows 10, and don’t forget to tell us what you think of the upcoming update in the comment section below.