Microsoft today released a big version 1.6.4 update for Minecraft: Xbox One Edition and Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition. There is a new Tutorial World which teaches you how to use the new features in the update, in addition to teaching how to play for new Minecraft gamers.
Here are just some of the favorite things to do in the Minecraft 1.6.4 update:
- Tame and ride horses!
- Use those horses to run away from the new Wither Skeletons, Witches, and Bats (among other nasty things)!
- Equip your horse with horse armor!
- Name your horse something really cool… and while you’re at it, use the new name tag item to give a less-cool name to your new donkey!
- Build a whole ton of fireworks, and program them to go off when the sun goes down!
- Set off those fireworks to celebrate the successful crossbreeding of your new horse and donkey, and the birth of your new mule!
- Name that mule!
There are a slew of other new items, blocks, and mobs, too. You now have new Host Options that will allow you to control what guests in your world can do, as well as even more advanced Redstone circuits for all of the Minecraft engineers out there. Best of all, this is a completely free update for owners of Minecraft for Xbox One or Xbox 360.
Read more at Xbox Wire.