Microsft today released a new update for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition (beta). With the latest update, Microsoft has added cross-platform multiplayer support, and the ability to play up to 4 Xbox Live friends in online multiplayer. Here’s the full changelog:
- NEW! For the first time ever, play cross-platform multiplayer on your local network with up to 4 friends using Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
- NEW! Play in the beta with up to 4 of your Xbox LIVE friends both near and far in online multiplayer.
- NEW! Buff up your equipment with special effects from enchanting tables.
- Switch seamlessly between your favored method of input – controller, touch, or mouse & keyboard can be activated and used in an instant.
- Record and share your feats to the web with Xbox LIVE GameDVR.
- Take advantage of limitless supplies and make anything you can imagine in Creative Mode.
- Mine for precious items, craft tools, go on exciting adventures, and defend yourself from the creatures of the night in Survival Mode.
- Immerse yourself in a gigantic world with new enhancements to weather effects – snow accumulation, softer transitions and even THUNDERSNOW.
- Also features chickens, zombies, pigs, boats, armed skeletons, po ta toes, zombies, baby squids, enchanted items, villagers, naked sheep, iron golems, potions, ghasts, pickaxes, carrots, and lots, lots more.
If you want to get the latest update for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, you can get it from here.