Ring 4 Xbox Insiders have waited and waited for an update and today is their lucky day. Microsoft just announced that Xbox One owners in the Ring 4 group will be graced with the latest build. While the company didn’t provide patch notes, Ring 4 members should expect performance optimizations, additional features, new menu layouts and much more in tonight’s update.
Xbox One Insiders – Prepping the expansion of Ring 4 today with the latest build.
— Brad Rossetti (@WorkWombatman) March 28, 2017
The fact that Ring 4 members are getting the Creators Update means that development is going at a significant pace. Hopefully the update will be available to regular Xbox One consumers soon. Microsoft hasn’t implemented any new features or speed improvements to the console in months and this is making a lot of gamers anxious. As it stands, the Xbox One dashboard is a slow experience. Microsoft needs to fix this fast.
Update: Microsoft provided the changelog for the update. The update is similar to one Beta and Ring 3 Insiders received a few days ago.
DETAILS OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170323-1228 Available: 2:00PM PDT 3/28 (9:00PM GMT 28/3)
New Features: Check out some of the big features in this update on the Xbox News Wire!
• Beam Beam is an innovative and interactive livestreaming service that gives viewers the ability to watch and deeply interact with their favorite game streamers in real-time, and you can now access Beam from the Guide on Xbox One!
You can read more about getting started with Beam in this post in the 1703 Preview Announcements forum.
• Beam App The Beam app is now installed by default on Xbox One! To get started with the Beam app, navigate to My games & apps and search for Beam. Please use the Beam app and let us know if you encounter any issues via Report a problem.
• Automatic Updates You can now enable automatic updates independently from your console’s power mode (Instant-On or Energy-saving). To enable automatic updates, navigate to the new updates interface in Settings > System > Updates. Consoles in Energy-saving Mode will download any available updates at shut down. For consoles in Instant-On mode, the experience remains the same.
• Achievement Tracker You can now control the transparency level and number of achievements in the achievement tracker.
• Settings – Display & sound The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
• Wireless Display The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.